Morecambe Bay -
there's simply no-where quite like it.
Morecambe Bay -
Bay Cycle Way
A fantastic new cycle way around Morecambe Bay. Have your own big adventure on two wheels!
Latest News!! Exciting Electric Bike Network planned for Morecambe Bay click here for more details
The Bay Cycle Way connects, signs and improves 130km of relatively flat cycle routes around the Bay.
It is a new, family-friendly, long distance route, suitable for entry-level touring cyclists and is no. 700 on the National Cycle Network (NCN). And importantly it is designed so that you'll never be far from a loo, a view or a brew!
Find out more:
- The Route
- The Map
- Suggested 4 day itinerary
- What it's all about
- Get involved
- See the latest news on maintenance around the Bay
A fun, friendly way of enjoying and exploring our spectacular coastline.
Move long at your own pace, stop off for awesome views, sample mouthwatering local food, see our history come alove and feel the warmth of the Morecambe Bay welcome!
Uncover the secrets of this stunning land and seascape and be intrigued and inspired by our natural environment, vibrant communities and pround heritage.
Where does it take you?
The route runs from Walney, near Barrow, to Glasson, south of Lancaster.
The initial work lead to the launch of the route in June 2015.
However, we haven't stopped there. We'll continue to work for improvements and to add more no-traffic sections as funding allows.
A cycle way isn't about bikes, it's about the kind of world we want to live in.
We're working for a better world: happier and greener; healthier and fairer.
Read about the test cycle ride of the route, which took place in September 2014.
Keen to get involved?
We'd love to hear from you if you
- would like to be kept up to date with the latest cycle Way news
- would like to volunteer to help get the cycle way up and running
- would like to become a long-term Cycle Way volunteer
- want to help to promote the cycle Way and help us reach new audiences
- or would like to get involved in some other way!
Please contact us today or sign up to our newsletter.
Images copyright Susannah Bleakley, MBP and Janet Barton MBP
Read reviews of the Bay Cycle Way on Tripadvisor or provide your own review here:
If you'd like to meet us and hear about our projects, we'll be telling all at our annual Conference in Grange on 5 April.
Subscribe to Get the Latest
- Hey.. we've got some special secrets and great give-aways... Join us Wed Meet the team Hear the latest Book:… https://t.co/ZSkufKXZwB — 2 hours 14 min ago
- Heritage it's the mainstay of tourism and visitor economy and supports direct jobs too Obvious, yet overlooked… https://t.co/mm3XlEBn98 — 4 hours 35 min ago
- RT @faelix: Big praise for @_MBay @CumbriaCC finance department checking change of bank details with supplier. Good #security, prevent #Spe… — 5 hours 29 min ago