Support our 2024 appeal today Find out more and donate to help young people
Aims of the Feasibility Report
- to identify the investment option which optimises value for money based on available information.
- prepare an outline route to procurement.
- set out the necessary funding and management arrangements for the successful delivery of the scheme.
- carry out consultation with stakeholder organisations and communities in both towns.
The scheme would:
- provide a direct, coherent, and comfortable route for pedestrians, cyclists and mobility vehicle users travelling between Arnside and Grange.
- contribute to improving the physical health and wellbeing of Morecambe Bay residents, employees, and visitors.
- improve access to skills, jobs, goods, and services for residents.
- support the growth of tourism in the area.
- encourage inward investment into Arnside and Grange and support their vibrancy.
- be a transformative structure providing a unique visitor offering.
- Contribute to the UK Government's net zero targets by promoting sustainable travel options.
You can download a full summary of the feasibility report by clicking the button below.
If you'd like to help us champion this scheme to construction and for specific suggestions and offers of help, please email firstname.lastname@example.org